Mahindra is gearing up to launch its first electric SUV, the XUV.e8, in the Indian market soon. Although the official launch is still some time away, leaked images and details of the XUV.e8 have surfaced online, giving us a glimpse of what to expect from Mahindra’s first electric offering. Here’s a detailed look at what we know so far about the Mahindra XUV.e8 based on the leaked information online:
The leaked images reveal that the XUV.e8 will carry forward the sculpted design language of Mahindra’s XUV700 with some tweaks and updates. The front fascia gets a closed grille with the Mahindra logo placed in the center. The headlamps are LED units with integrated DRLs having a distinct pattern. The bumper houses charging sockets and retains a muscular look in line with other Mahindra SUVs.
In profile, the XUV.e8 gets a coupe-like sloping roofline, beefy wheel arches, and new alloy wheel design. The charging socket is placed on the front fender. At the rear, the XUV.e8 gets LED taillamps connected by a reflector strip running across the tailgate. The rear bumper houses reflectors and faux exhaust vents on both corners. Overall, the XUV.e8 carries forward the butch and strong road presence that Mahindra SUVs are known for.
Interiors and Features
The interior of the XUV.e8 hasn’t been fully revealed yet in the leaked images. However, we can see the dashboard layout which looks similar to the XUV700 with a large touchscreen, digital driver’s display, andsteering wheel with mounted controls. The interior color theme is expected to be dark with leatherette upholstery.
In terms of features, the XUV.e8 is expected to come loaded with provisions like a large touchscreen infotainment system, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity, connected car tech, multi-zone climate control, power adjustable seats, sunroof, ambient lighting, steering-mounted controls, multiple airbags, and more. The XUV.e8 is also likely to get ADAS tech and assisted driving features like autonomous emergency braking, lane-keep assist, adaptive cruise control, driver drowsiness monitoring system, blind-spot detection, and more.
Powertrain and Battery Details
The Mahindra XUV.e8 will draw power from an electric motor paired with a large capacity battery pack. The leaked patent images reveal some details about the battery pack which will consist of 6 battery modules connected in series. Each module is expected to be a 25.6V unit with a capacity of 5.8 kWh, hinting at a total battery capacity of around 80-85 kWh.
The electric motor is expected to be a permanent magnet synchronous motor producing around 200 hp of peak power and 500 Nm of torque. The XUV.e8 is likely to support fast charging and will offer a claimed range of around 400 – 450 km on a single charge as per reports. An integrated charging socket in the front fender enables easy AC and DC fast charging when required.
Expected Prices and Rivals
Mahindra is expected to price the XUV.e8 around Rs. 15 lakh onwards when launched. This will make it one of the most affordable luxury electric SUVs in the Indian market. It will take on rivals like the MG ZS EV, Hyundai Kona Electric and upcoming models like Citroen eC3. The XUV.e8 aims to make electric SUVs more accessible for Indian buyers.
An exact launch timeline hasn’t been revealed by Mahindra yet. However, based on the leaked images and rumors, the XUV.e8 is likely to debut sometime in early 2023. Mahindra has already trademarked the XUV.e8 name and is expected to start taking pre-bookings for it soon. The company is gearing up its production facilities to roll out the electric SUV.
Once launched, the XUV.e8 will be a game-changing product for Mahindra as the brand’s first all-electric SUV. It is built on an all-new platform designed specifically for EVs. The competitive pricing will give Mahindra an edge in the still-nascent electric SUV space in India. For buyers, the XUV.e8 promises an exciting blend of EV tech bundled in a feature-rich and distinctive package bearing Mahindra’s trust. The leaked details have already built up strong anticipation and buzz around the XUV.e8 online. Clearly, the XUV.e8 is one of the most highly awaited EV launches of 2023 and promises to be a exciting milestone for both Mahindra and the Indian electric vehicle space when it hits the market soon.
What is the top speed of Mahindra e8?
Unfortunately the top speed of the Mahindra XUV.e8 is not known yet, as Mahindra has not officially revealed the full specifications of this upcoming electric SUV. The top speed will depend on the power output of the electric motor and the battery capacity. However, based on typical top speeds of other electric SUVs in this segment, we can expect the Mahindra XUV.e8 to have a top speed of around 150-160 kmph. But the official top speed figure can only be confirmed once Mahindra reveals the complete technical specifications of the XUV.e8, which is expected closer to its launch in 2023. The leaked information available so far does not provide details on the exact power figures or top speed. So we’ll have to wait for Mahindra to officially announce the top speed along with other performance metrics of the XUV.e8 when it unveils more details.
What is the range of XUV e8?
Based on the leaked information available so far, the expected driving range of the Mahindra XUV.e8 is between 400-450 km on a single full charge.
Though the company has not revealed the official range figures yet, here are some key details that point to the estimated range:
- According to leaked patent images, the XUV.e8 is expected to have a battery capacity of around 80-85 kWh.
- Reports suggest it will use a high capacity Lithium-ion battery pack with 6 modules and 25.6V units in each module.
- Other electric SUVs in this segment like Hyundai Kona Electric (64 kWh battery) offers a range of around 300-400 km.
- The XUV.e8 is likely to support fast charging capabilities for longer journeys.
- Mahindra has hinted that the XUV.e8 will offer a “thrilling long range” during its unveil.
- Considering the anticipated battery size and Mahindra’s claims, an estimated real-world range of 400-450 km is expected for the XUV.e8.
However, the official ARAI certified range numbers will only be revealed by Mahindra closer to launch next year. The XUV.e8 promises to alleviate range anxiety with its long range capabilities when it hits the market.
Which car is powerful in Mahindra?
Here are some of the most powerful cars from Mahindra:
- Mahindra XUV700 – This mid-size SUV produces 200hp from its 2.0L turbo petrol engine and 185hp from its 2.2L diesel engine, making it the most powerful Mahindra currently.
- Mahindra Thar – The new generation Thar offers 150hp from its 2.0L turbo petrol and 130hp from the 2.2L diesel engine. It has excellent off-road capabilities.
- Mahindra Scorpio-N – The latest Scorpio-N comes with 172hp from its 2.0L turbo petrol and 132hp from the 2.2L diesel engines. It also features 4WD capabilities.
- Mahindra eXUV300 – This all-electric compact SUV concept delivers 150kW (204hp) of power from its electric motor with fast acceleration.
- Mahindra Bolero Neo – The rugged Bolero Neo offers 100hp from its 1.5L diesel engine, tuned for higher power compared to regular Bolero.
- Mahindra XUV300 – The sub-4m XUV300 offers 115hp from its 1.2L turbo petrol and 116hp from the 1.5L diesel engines.
- Mahindra Marazzo – This MPV uses a 1.5L diesel engine tuned to deliver 123hp maximum power.
So in summary, the Mahindra XUV700 currently holds the title of being the most powerful Mahindra vehicle in India with its 200hp petrol engine. The eXUV300 EV concept also promises over 200hp power hinting at Mahindra’s future electric capabilities.
What is the ground clearance of Mahindra XUV e8?
Unfortunately, the official ground clearance details of the Mahindra XUV.e8 have not been revealed yet as the car is still not launched. However, based on some reports and comparing to similar electric SUVs, we can speculate that the ground clearance of XUV.e8 will likely be around 200mm.
Some key points:
- Other Mahindra SUVs like XUV700, Scorpio-N, Thar have ground clearance in the range of 180mm to 226mm. So XUV.e8 is likely to have comparable stats.
- Electric SUVs like Hyundai Kona, MG ZS EV have ground clearance around 170-195mm range.
- XUV.e8 is expected to be built on a new platform optimized for EVs, so suitable height and clearance will be provided.
- Leaked images indicate high stance and beefy wheel arches indicating likely 200mm+ clearance.
- Mahindra SUVs usually offer sufficient ground clearance for Indian roads. XUV.e8 will follow similar design philosophy.
Though the exact number can only be confirmed by Mahindra later, considering these factors, it is reasonable to assume the XUV.e8 ground clearance to be around 200mm mark. This will provide it decent capability for tackling Indian road conditions and moderate off-roading needs of customers when it launches in 2023.
Why people buy Mahindra cars?
Here are some of the key reasons why people buy Mahindra cars in India:
- Strong Brand Image: Mahindra has built a strong brand image over the decades as a reliable SUV and utility vehicle manufacturer. Their vehicles are known for tough build quality.
- Extensive Service Network: Mahindra has an extensive sales and service network across India, even in smaller towns. This makes maintenance and service easy for customers.
- Value for Money: Most Mahindra vehicles offer features and specifications of a segment above at very competitive price points. This makes them appealing value-for-money offerings.
- Powerful Engines: Mahindra vehicles are known for their powerful and fuel efficient diesel engines that are well-suited for Indian driving conditions.
- Advanced Technology: Recent Mahindra cars come loaded with connected car technology, infotainment systems, and safety features like ABS, EBD, etc.
- Customization Options: Mahindra cars can be customized with a range of official accessories and variants. This allows buyers to modify as per their needs.
- Safety: Mahindra vehicles score high on safety with robust build quality, high ground clearance, and features like dual airbags even in base variants.
- Driving Comfort: Models like XUV700, Marazzo and Scorpio offer excellent riding comfort for Indian terrain and are spacious too.
- Off-roading Capability: With high ground clearance and 4WD options, Mahindra SUVs have excellent off-roading capabilities for Indian adventures.
So in a nutshell, a mix of strong brand image, wide network, value for money, safety and driving comfort makes Mahindra vehicles a preferred choice for many Indian buyers.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?